1. Controversially, I have switched from a soy latte to a skim flat white to ..... a cappuchino with one sugar. Who the heck needs chocolate AND sugar in their coffee? (Apparently me. What?)
2. I used the word "heck" just then because I've given up swearing. Just like that.
3. Today I drove to my good friend Sophie's house and wept in front of her and she was so lovely about it. I usually keep all of my pain to myself. Lucky Sophie! She is having exhibitions everywhere lately ... the pic at the top of this post is one in her latest series, "Portrait of a Lost Soul." I call her a creative genius. The world needs more compliments. And more Sophie's.
4. I am addicted to Mad Men. Imagine being the set designer for that show?
5. I have a world-weary heart, today. It'll pass. Even kidney stones pass.
6. My 18-year old Timmy Guyo finally got all of his clothes washing up to date. There was a huge pile in the middle of his bedroom ..... Rocco walked up there, climbed on top of it, and took his nappy off. His poo cascaded onto the clean washing heap, rather like Neil Armstrong putting a flag on the moon.
7. Dave completely forgot and blew off our wedding anniversary.
8. I'm talking on some panels at Sydney Bloggers Festival on Thursday. Come say hi. I'll be hiding under the table.
9. U2 is coming to Sydney in a few weeks ... I haven't got a ticket yet. I KNOW. I do, however, plan on meeting Bono outside of his hotel, and getting a photo taken with him. So .... can anyone help me with that?
10. Max and Rocco have started petty squabbling with each other. I'm not enjoying that, at all. Perhaps it's my karma for arguing so much with my brother Cameron? I was .... eight years older than him.
11. I love my brother Cameron so much. You know how your siblings are the closest people in your life to understanding where you came from? Yeah. It's like a secret language. Rocco sees him and goes flying into his arms for a huge hug. Cam's face lights up beautifully.
12. Today in the car I said to Max, "Sweetheart, you know I love you? I really hope you know that."
He replied - "Yes mum, I know you do. You tell me every single day!"